Our dearest friends and family,
Wow, I sit here trying to think about where to begin and am at somewhat of a loss. This week was so good and full of the favor of God. We began passing out Bibles, and although we expected great things, I don’t think any of us could have ever imagined what a blessing it would be. We have gotten to see His Word come to life in the most beautiful ways as people have received it for the first time and have burst forth in praise and worship at their hunger fulfilled. God has graced us with what I think we would all agree was a glimpse of Heaven touching Earth, so much to the point of having to take off our shoes because it was so evident that we were standing on Holy ground. We have heard incredible stories of faith and God’s faithfulness that have in turn grown our faith as well. We have gotten to sit in our front yard and share communion with new friends, mediating on the truth of the Gospel and the love and redemption of Jesus. All in all, we’ve just seen God’s hand at work around every corner – seeing clearly how He has been at work long before we ever got here and will continue to move long after we are gone. I am continually blown away at His invitation for us to step in and join Him in the things He is doing. THERE’S NOWHERE ELSE I’D RATHER BE!!! That, my heart has grown more and more certain of.
As we have come to serve, the Lord has been so kind, as He always is, in pouring into us far more than we could ever pour out. He has pulled us closer into His heart and allowed us to better understand the depths of His love, bringing us to places of deeper intimacy with Him. He’s showed us His faithfulness time and time again and taught us more of what it looks like to trust and lean on Him fully. He is continually opening our eyes more and more to see the world and people the way that He does and teaching our hearts how to love like Jesus. In all of that, joy has been full.
As we head back into the village today, we invite you to continue joining us in prayer!
- · Pray over the Bibles and the people receiving them. Isaiah 55 has been a passage that has remained on our hearts; join us in praying it over the souls of these precious people! “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk, without money and without price… Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live, and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David… Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near… so shall my Word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands...”
- · Pray for the kids and families that frequently find their way onto our homestead – that He continues to demonstrate His truth and love through us and that people would encounter Jesus as they step into our homes.
- · Pray for Tuli and the projects going on here – that He would have His way and be glorified through it all.
- · Pray for Walter and his family as he works tirelessly and his wife, Jennifer, is expecting a baby in the next month! Pray health and blessings over his home and that he would be strengthened and encouraged as he presses on in obedience.
- · Pray for us – that God continues to stretch and teach us, pulling us closer into Himself, that our hearts would be fully surrendered to Him and we would be sensitive to His voice and in step with the Spirit.
Thank you all so much for your love and support. We are so grateful for each and every one of you – although you remain on the other side of the world, you all are an extremely vital part of our team! We love you. Yes, you :) A lot!
“How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God… For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.” Psalm 84